The drumstick plant is extremely healthy and has a number of health benefits. But it is not only its leaves that are useful. The plant’s flowers are edible and extremely nutritious. Drumstick flowers are small and white round flowers.
Health Benefits Of Drumstick Flowers
1. Drumstick flowers are believed to possess blood purifying properties and are very good in blood purification.
2. They are also a rich source of amino acids, potassium and calcium.
3. Flowers can be brewed as a medicinal tea and consumed as a health tonic to treat urinary tract infections.
4. Drumstick flowers have potent anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and also help to improve immunity. The anti-bacterial properties in it can keep you away from common cough and cold and other common illnesses, especially in this nippy weather.
5. Supports healthy bones – It is a good source of iron, vitamins and calcium and thus helps us to have strong and healthy bones.
6. Supports healthy skin – It is extremely useful to rejuvenate your skin and the treatment of acne and pimples.
7. Helps in Weight Management – High fiber content also make it useful for weight management as it reduces fat absorption in the gut and makes you feel fuller for an extended duration.
8. Supports Brain Health – As a rich source of antioxidants, it helps in neuron degeneration thus improving the brain function. The healthy antioxidants and bioactive plant compounds found in it help in fighting against depression, stress, mood swings, and insomnia.
9. They are great for diabetics as they are known to reduce spiked blood sugar levels significantly.
The flowers can be enjoyed as a snack. Mixing drumstick flowers with Bengal gram flour, coriander powder, chopped onions, scraped coconut, and rice flour and frying them will make excellent cutlets.
Drumstick flowers can also be used in lentil soup, gravies, and curries.
(Also read –> What Makes Mustard Greens A Winter Favourite)