Makhana ladoo recipe is a quick and healthy ladoo made with phool makhana or lotus seeds, nuts and jaggery.
Phool makhana (lotus seeds) is a great source of protein, carbohydrates. They are low in cholesterol, fat and sodium. This makes them an ideal snack to satiate those in-between meal hunger pangs. They are beneficial to those suffering from high blood pressure, heart diseases and obesity due to their high magnesium and low sodium content. In addition to that, they are also low in calories.
Makhana, fox nuts or just lotus seeds are a great snack for in between your meals or midnight. They’re also gluten free, making it ideal for those allergic to gluten.
Here I have used jaggery in this recipe as a sweetener. Replacing sugar with jaggery is a healthier option.
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals like zinc and selenium, which help prevent free-radicals (responsible for early ageing). It helps to boost resistance against infections, hence building stronger immunity.
The nutritional benefits of this recipe can be enjoyed by the people of all ages. They are also good for growing kids.
• 2 cups Makhana
• 1/2 cup Musk Melon Seeds
• 1/2 cup Almonds
• 1/4 cup cashews
1. 2 tbsp Ghee (you can also use olive oil)
• 1/2 cup Organic Jaggery Powder
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
1. Dry roast almonds, cashews and muskmelon seeds on low to medium flame separately and keep aside.
2. Now heat 1 tbsp of ghee and roast makhanas into it for 5 mins till they are crispy.
3. Now transfer these makhanas while they are still warm to a grinder along with almonds , cashews, muskmelon seeds, jaggery powder, cinnamon, and one more tbsp of ghee and run the mixer for one minute.
4. Transfer the mixture in a plate and with your oil greased hands make small ladoos or balls while the mixture is still warm.
5. Serve it with some crushed dried cherries.