The recipe for beetroot chilla is extremely simple and a healthy option for breakfast.
Beetroot is a super food due to its high nutritional content. It has nutrients like magnesium, potassium, vitamins A, B6 and C, iron, folic acid, soluble fiber, antioxidants and protein. It’s very delicious and offers a tender and sweet experience in the mouth. They are also a great source of phytonutrients called betalains. The betalains that are found in beets provide anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification support. Beetroot also has a risk reduction effect for many types of cancer due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
The addition of the semolina is another important factor that makes the recipe healthier.
Semolina is nutritious and provides high levels of various B vitamins, iron, protein, and fiber and may support weight loss, heart health, and digestion.
This is an easy-to-make recipe that you can even prepare for your kids, and they will happily eat it. Beetroot chilla is an amazing dish that’s super-healthy and amazing in taste.
2 Medium size beetroot
1/4 cup rice flour
1 cup semolina
1 tsp ginger & green chilli paste
1 onion finely chopped or grated
Salt to taste
Oil for roasting cheela
Steps to make beetroot chilla
1) First of all, wash the beetroots properly. After that, peel and cut it into pieces and blend it into paste.
2) In a mixing bowl take pureed beetroots, finely chopped onion, rice flour, semolina, ginger chilli paste, salt along with some water to make a thick batter & mix well.
3) Preheat a non stick tawa or pan
4) Pour some oil over the pan.
5) Further, pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot pan and spread gently. Pour ½ tsp of oil over chilla.
6) Cover and allow cooking on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
7) When the chilla turns brown from beneath flip the side & let it roast from the other side.
Serve these hot chilla with any chutny or sauce.
(Also try out –> Easy Quinoa Pancakes Recipe, Healthy Dalia (Broken Wheat) Khichdi Recipe, Cabbage Kheer – Delicious Dessert Recipe, Delicious Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe, Crispy Chickpea And Quinoa Nuggets Recipe)