Methi /Fenugreek leaves Paratha, is a delicious shallow fried flat bread recipe prepared from fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour and spices – one of the best Indian breakfast recipes. Methi paratha is not just healthy but also easy to prepare and stomach filling too.
Adding fenugreek leaves to your daily meal can help to reduce bad cholesterol, may help to prevent and control diabetes by regulating the absorption of sugar by the body, aid weight loss by facilitating digestion and bowel movement.
1 cup fresh fenugreek leaves, chopped
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 small green chili, finely chopped
Pinch of carom seeds
Pinch of garam masala
2 teaspoons oil
Water, to knead the dough, around 1/2 cup
Oil to roast the paratha
1. Wash and chop methi leaves.
2. To a large bowl add atta, chopped methi leaves, salt, chopped green chili, pinch of carom seeds and garam masala. Add 2 teaspoons of oil and mix everything together.
3. Now start adding water, little at a time to knead it all into dough.
4. Knead to smooth dough. Apply little oil on top of the dough and cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls.
6. Roll one dough ball into a round circle of 5-6 inches using rolling pin.
7. Meanwhile heat a tawa/skillet on medium-high heat.
8. Once the tawa is hot enough, place the rolled paratha onto the tawa.
9. Let it cook from one side for few seconds. Flip over and now apply oil generously on the cooked side.
10. Flip again and apply oil on the other side of the paratha as well.
11. Press the paratha with a spatula till it is well cooked from both sides.
12. Repeat the same steps with the remaining 3 dough balls.
Finally, serve methi paratha with yoghurt and pickle. It also goes well with Tea or coffee and can be enjoyed as a morning breakfast, as a light evening food or packed in a lunch box.