These healthy superfood chocolate quinoa bars are a tasty snack that is power-packed with nutritious ingredients like – quinoa, dates, nuts, seeds, almond butter, goji berries and dark chocolate.
The bars have also got a rocking texture! They got softness and sweetness from the dates, crunch comes from the toasted quinoa, which is nutty and delicious, and the chewiness comes from the dried fruit.
These are a sweet treat that’s not only delicious, but a little healthier, too. If you are looking for a new healthy snack, then this recipe is for you. These bars are nourishing, they’re energizing and they’re tasty. These are refined sugar-free, gluten free, and healthier than store-bought chocolate crunch candy bars.
Why is this recipe healthy for you?
1. Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids.. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
2. Nuts and seeds are rich in protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals including magnesium and zinc. (Also read –> Pumpkin Seeds And It’s Amazing Health Benefits)
3. Dates have a ton of health benefits, from heart health to strengthening bones. Dates are a great source of fiber, with high concentrations of potassium and vitamin A, among other vitamins and minerals. Being loaded with iron, dates help to boost the haemoglobin level in the body.
4. Almond butter is a good source of the healthy monounsaturated fats. These fats are associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. Eating almonds offers antioxidant action from Vitamin E and helps lower cholesterol.
5. Goji berries are packed with many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They’re associated with many health benefits, including improving blood sugar control, helping with weight loss, fighting aging and protecting against cancer. The beta-carotene found in goji berries can helps to promote healthy skin.
1 cups dates
¼ cup walnuts
1/4 cup almonds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flaked coconut
¼ cup almond butter
2 tbsp hemp seeds
¼ cup goji berries
1/2 cup toasted quinoa
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Instructions to make Chocolate Quinoa Crunch Bars
Add the dates, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds and coconut into a food processor. Blend on high.
Add the hemp seeds, cocoa powder, quinoa and almond butter and process until dough starts to form.
Now, transfer the mixture to a parchment lined 8″ x 8″ baking pan. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer and freeze for at least 2 hours. When ready to serve, remove the bars from the pan and cut into squares.
Store it in the freezer as chocolate will melt at room temperature.