Finger Millet Drink or Ragi Malt
Finger millet is an excellent source of natural calcium which helps in strengthening bones for growing children and aging people. Regular consumption of finger millet is good for bone health and keeps diseases such as osteoporosis at bay and could reduce risk of fracture. (Also read –> Ragi /Finger Millet Uttapam – A Healthy Breakfast Recipe)
This millet drink is very healthy, nutritious, and also helps in keeping you cool.
2 cups skimmed milk (You can also make this with coconut milk or soya milk instead of milk)
2 tbsp finger millet (ragi) powder
1 tbsp almond powder (optional)
½ tsp cardamom powder
A pinch of salt
2 tbsp honey
1) Combine all ingredients except the honey in a saucepan. Mix well and bring to cook on low flame till the mixture boils.
2) Since raagi takes some time to cook, cook till it gets done.
3) Switch off the flame and add the honey. Whisk vigorously till well combined.
4) Pour into mugs, garnish with almonds and enjoy!
You can also add roasted pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds in your drink to boost up the nutritional profile of this recipe. (Also try out –> Dairy-free Badam Milk Recipe)
Sattu provides instant energy, high in vital nutrients, protein and also works as a cooling agent. It has a lower glycemic index, so it is good for patients with diabetes. Being rich in soluble fibre, it is actually great for your intestines, thereby protecting you from flatuelence, constipation and acidity.
Sattu drink is very healthy recipe, loaded with protein, made with roasted gram flour, roasted cumin powder black salt, herbs and spices, giving it a refreshing taste.
Roast the gram (chana) in a wok. Allow it to cool, then finely grind the roasted chana with the help of a grinder to make homemade sattu. (Also read –> Lemongrass Tea : Health Benefits And Uses)
3 ½ tablespoon Roasted Gram Flour (sattu) or roasted chickpea flour
6 Mint Leaves , finely chopped
2 tablespoons Coriander Leaves , finely chopped
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon Black Salt
3 cups Chilled water
Salt , to taste
1) In a bowl, add the sattu flour. To this, add rest of the ingredients like – mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli, lemon juice, roasted cumin powder, black salt, and mix well after adding water.
2) Stir until the drink is uniform and without any lumps. You can do this with a spoon or using a churner /whisk.
Mix well. Pour in glass to serve. Garnish with some mint leaves or green coriander leaves.
(Also try out this mouth waterwatering, yet healthy recipes –> 5 Smoothies That Taste So Good)