If you are craving for something delicious and extremely easy, then, I have a simple yet awesome chicken recipe to share with you! This chicken curry is very easy to prepare, nutritious and healthy too. This chicken recipe is made with chicken and fresh curd. Dahi Chicken is an interesting lunch /dinner recipe which is loved by people of almost all age groups.
Curd /Dahi adds a healthy and creamy twist to this recipe and doesn’t require oil /butter to prepare as curd releases cream, which not only enhances the taste but also makes it a healthy Chicken recipe to indulge in. Curd adds a unique taste and aroma to the dish. This curry is totally oil-free but it is as delicious as any regular curry.
Ingredients Of Oil-free Chicken Curry
700 gm chicken, cut into medium pieces
1 cup hung curd/ yoghurt
2 large onions
1-inch ginger piece
8-10 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp chopped green chillies
4 green cardamoms
1 whole dried red chilli
1 bay leaf
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander leaves, for garnishing
1) Cut onion into quarters and boil it in enough water for 10 minutes. Discard the water and allow it to cool.
2) Add boiled onion, ginger, garlic and whole dried red chilli in a blender to make it into a fine paste.
3) Hang curd in a sieve or muslin cloth and drain as much water as possible.
4) Dry roast the whole coriander seeds, bay leaf and cumin seeds in a pan. Once aromatic, let it cool slightly and make it to a coarse powder using a food processor or by using mortar and pestle.
5) In a big mixing bowl, add clean chicken pieces, hung curd, onion ginger garlic paste, roasted coriander and cumin powder, turmeric powder, and chilli powder, salt. Mix everything well and allow it to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6) Remove the marinated chicken at least 1 hour before preparation.
7) Heat a deep pan. Add marinated chicken in the pan along with any leftover marination.
8) Let it cook for 10 minutes. The mixture will release a lot of water.
9) Meanwhile slightly roast cardamom, clove and Cinnamon stick and then ground it to a coarse powder using mortar and pestle.
10) Add freshly ground spices to the chicken. Cook till the chicken is cooked and desired gravy consistency is achieved.
11) Remove from the flame and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
12) Serve hot and enjoy with steamed rice or Chapatties and Healthy Snakegourd Raita.