Ragi uttapam recipe is a twist to the original recipe of a traditional Uttapam recipe. The addition of semolina, ragi and vegetables makes this Uttapam healthy! This delicious recipe is an easy and quick recipe for breakfast.
Finger millet, more commonly known as ragi or nachani Ragi flour, is one of the best non-dairy sources of calcium when compared to any other grains. Ragi is gluten-free and a low glycemic index carbohydrate.
(Read more about –> Health Benefits Of Finger Millet/ Ragi and Easy Ragi Recipes)
Semolina is nutritious and provides high levels of various B vitamins, iron, protein, and fibre and may support weight loss, heart health, and digestion.
Semolina is a gluten-containing grain, which is unsuitable for people with gluten intolerance disorder. In this case, you can use oats flour instead of semolina. (Also read —> Oats semolina chilla)
Ingredients Of Ragi Uttapam
1 Cup Ragi flour
½ cup semolina
A pinch of Asafoetida /Hing
1 Cup Yogurt (Diary or Non-Dairy as per your preference)
1 tsp Cumin Seeds and mustard seeds
A pinch of baking soda
Water (As required)
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Green Chillies, chopped
Salt, as per taste
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
Curry leaves (10-12)
1) Combine semolina and 1/2 cup yoghurt in a bowl and mix. Add finger millet or ragi flour, onion, carrot, ginger, hing, green chillies, cumin seeds and mustard seeds and mix well.
2) Add remaining yoghurt and mix. Add some water, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
3) Add curry leaves, coriander leaves, baking soda and salt to prepared flour mixture and mix well.
4) Heat a non-stick pan and lightly brush it with oil.
5) Pour 2 ladle of batter on the pan and gently spread to make 4-5 inch circle. Pour some oil on the sides and let the uttapam cook until slightly browned. Flip and cook from the other side as well.
Serve hot and enjoy with coconut chutney or with green mint chutney.
(You can also try this delicious recipe –> Oats Idli – A Healthy Breakfast Recipe)