Normally tikkis are made with mashed potatoes, as it is really good for binding other ingredients. Here, I have used low calorie cauliflower with fibre rich oats for that purpose. This nutritious and healthy cauliflower oats tikki is an easy recipe to prepare. This tikki has healthy oats which is best for those who are health conscious.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable that is naturally high in fiber and B-vitamins. It provides antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against cancer. It also contains fiber to enhance weight loss and digestion, choline that is essential for learning and memory, and many other important nutrients.
Whereas, Oats are packed with soluble fiber, which reduces your low-density lipoprotein (LDL), the “bad” cholesterol and can also improve blood sugar level. It can also promote weight loss, because it helps to keep you full for longer period.
The addition of the vegetables, herbs, spices are another important factor that makes the recipe healthier. This delightful snack is also cooked on a tava or flat pan with minimal oil to reduce the calorie count.
Ingredients For Cauliflower Oats Tikki
2 cup chopped and blanched cauliflower
3/4 cup powdered oats
2 teaspoon oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped French beans
1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
1 teaspoon green chillies (chopped)
1/2 cup coriander leaves, finely chopped
1/2 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon ginger paste
1 teaspoon chaat masala (optional)
Salt (as per taste)
1) Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, and add onions, carrots and beans in it. Then, sauté it for few minutes, until soft.
2) Move onions in a bowl. Add cauliflower, carrots and beans in it. Mix it well and mash it using a potato masher.
3) Now, add all the remaining ingredients and powdered oats, mix them well and keep it aside for 10 minutes
4) Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion in flat round tikki.
5) Heat a flat pan and grease the pan with oil
6) Next, cook each tikki on a slow flame using little oil till it turns into crisp and golden brown colour from both sides.
Serve hot and enjoy it with mint green chutney or tomato sauce or hummus.