Badam refers to almond. Badam milk is an Indian milk beverage flavoured with almonds, cardamom and saffron. Traditionally it is made by soaking, blending and then adding it to cow’s milk. But, here this recipe is purely vegan and dairy-free. I have used almond milk instead of cow’s milk. It can also be consumed by a person, suffering from lactose intolerance.
Almond is a great source of protein, fibres, vitamin E and magnesium. Magnesium helps to control blood pressure level. Vitamin E present in soaked almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation. Almonds can also assist with blood sugar control and keep your heart healthy. The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they will help you to avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss.
Badam milk is a great source of nutrition for people of all ages. The nutritional benefits can be enjoyed by toddlers, grown-ups, kids, pregnant women, lactating mother and even the old.
Anyone will love this healthy, protein-packed, delicious flavorful milk with the goodness of almonds, cardamom and saffron and have no refined sugar.
(Also read –> Cardamom And It’s Amazing Health Benefits)
Ingredients For Badam Milk
150 ml of almond milk
1 pinch saffron
½ teaspoon coconut sugar or honey
Pinch of green cardamom powder
How to make?
1) Soak the almonds in water for 6-7 hours or overnight. Soaked almonds are easier to digest and the nutrients are better absorbed by the body. Soaking also helps in blending them to smooth paste, otherwise, the milk will not be smooth and it will have a lot of coarse particles.
2) Boil the milk and add saffron and cardamom powder to it.
3) Then, add coconut sugar to it.
4) While the milk is boiling, take the soaked almond and peel the brown part. Discard the almond skin as it can cause indigestion.
5) Blend the almond with water in a blender to make a smooth paste.
6) Add this paste to the boiling milk and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
7) Allow it to cool and place in the fridge. It can be enjoyed warm during the winter season and cool during the summer season.
8) Garnish it with chopped almonds and saffron strands.
Serve and enjoy!
(Read more about–> Golden Milk – The Power-Ranger)