Rhubarb vanilla muffins are absolutely scrumptious and these one will delight your tastebuds and your appetite for dessert with the tangy sweet rhubarb.
I used whole wheat flour to make these. Also, I have used coconut sugar, instead of the refined sugar, to make these a bit healthier!
1 cup almond milk
2 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
2 teaspoon apple cider vineger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 and 1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups rhubarb stalks, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Mix the milk and vinegar and set aside for couple of minutes.
3. In another bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the oil and coconut sugar, until creamy. Then add the milk mixture, vanilla extract into it. Mix well.
5. Then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring thoroughly with a spatula to ensure even mixing, so that there are no lumps in the mixture. Then add rhubarb slices into it, and gently mix it in.
6. Transfer the mixture evenly into the pre-greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cupcakes comes out clean.
Pretty and Delicious Rhubarb Vanilla Muffins are ready!
(Read more about –>> Reasons to eat Rhubarb)